Click image to download this free TTRPG battlemap of an Underdark Fungal Village, then keep scrolling for the detailed adventure prompt written for it.
While traveling through the Underdark, you are kidnapped by dark dwarves. You wake up in a small, stone cell. Everyone is stripped of their possessions, but left with their underclothes—all except one party member, who is completely naked.
An old green dwarf is locked in there with you. He mumbles to himself constantly and pokes you with a stick if you come too close. If you try to talk to him he’ll babble gibberish (something about seagulls), but will get aggressive if you try to take his stick.
The dark dwarves take each of you away one by one, walking you up thin stone corridors and wooden walkways overlooking a bottomless chasm filled with glowing mushrooms. When you arrive at a large alchemist’s station, they throw a handful of powder in your face, before returning you to your cell.
Everyone’s powder had different colors, and within a couple of hours their effects begin to show:
– One party member is relaxed and happy; carefree.
– Another is unable to stop laughing. Everything is hilarious, no matter how mundane.
– Someone else sees eyes watching him at the corner of his vision, but whenever he turns to see, they’re gone.
– One adventurer is absolutely fine, except he keeps talking to someone called Pawl (who clearly isn’t there).
– Yet another has had their mind opened to the fourth dimension, and now knows with utter certainty that his free will is an illusion. An interdimensional being is controlling their every move…
– Lastly, someone’s accent has been inexplicably changed to a foreign one.
WHAT’S HAPPENING? The Duergar live in this Underdark settlement, harvesting the glowing mushrooms and processing them into a powdered drug that they then traffic. They have tested new drugs on you, by mixing novel combinations of substances in with the powdered mushrooms.
If you don’t do something, they might keep you there forever; testing new substances on you until your mind breaks, like the old green dwarf’s—and perhaps, even then, they’ll continue to run tests with the more… deadly substances.
If you’d enjoy more maps like this free TTRPG battlemap of an Underdark Fungal Village, Luke and I are currently offering 520+ battlemaps for $39. It’s your chance to have a great deal on some of our most popular battlemaps! With over 520 total maps, we guarantee that is something here for every GM—no matter what genre or setting you prefer, from grimy dungeons to beautiful overgrown ruins.
Paying just $39 rather than full price saves you over 96%! Take a look at all the extra maps you can download with one click here.